Xero Cloud Accounting
At Goss Accountants we recommend Xero as the most outstanding Cloud small business accounting software. It’s so good we use it ourselves in our own business. From saving up to 90% of your business admin time, to never worrying about backups or software updates again, Xero is the way to go!
What is Cloud Accounting?
Cloud accounting refers to web based software that makes managing your accounts easier. This means you can access your accounts anywhere and anytime on multiple platforms such as your desktop computer, tablet or mobile device – all you need is a log in and internet connection.
What is Xero?
Xero is a leading online accounting software specifically designed for small businesses. It is simple to use and can help you run a smarter and better business. Watch the video below to learn more.
- Accessibility – Access up to date business financials online and reconcile from anywhere and at any time and on any device.
- Bank Feeds Daily – Your software is updated daily and overnight. There is no more double handling of data. Because of this, bank reconciliations are almost automatic. You waste less time and get more efficient use of your administration and bookkeeping resources.
- Invoices – You have the ability to create and track professional looking invoices and make them recurring. You can email invoices and see when they have been opened. Get paid faster!
- Security – As your information is stored on a secure server, your data is protected even if your computer is lost or stolen. Xero uses multiple layers of security and has invested in industry-leading infrastructure to protect your data.
- Cashflow – You can schedule bill payments and batch pay suppliers ensuring your cashflow is smoothed out.
- Expenses – Photos of receipts can even be emailed into Xero and saved online. Later they can then be reviewed and approved.
- Xero Dashboard – Xero has a front page dashboard which gives a great overview of all your bank balances, invoices, bills and expenses in the dashboard.
- Data Files – Because Xero is online accounting software, you can kiss good-bye the hassle of sending disks or transferring large accounting data files. Life’s too short to have to deal with that anymore.
- Payroll – Xero is a fantastic product with which to process your payroll and pay superannuation. Payroll in Xero is also Super Stream compliant.
- Software Updates – Xero has automatic updates so there is no need to buy a newer version. Xero eliminates any ‘version control’ issues that can happen.
- Rules Function – The ‘Rules’ function in Xero is very simple. You can easily train Xero to know that certain types of transactions should be coded (according to your Chart of Accounts) in certain ways. It’s smart enough to be flexible. Amounts can change, the wording in the transaction can change, but as long as there are certain keywords or other criteria (such as paid with a particular credit card) in a Rule, then Xero codes all such transactions automatically from then on.
- Users – Xero has the ability to have unlimited users. You can view and share the same information at the same time with your staff, accountant, advisor or business partner.
- Connect to Third Party Applications – Xero has fantastic integration with other applications (apps) provided by third parties. Our clients use a variety of apps to collect payments from clients, install Point of Sale and track jobs and inventory.
At Goss Accountants we are at the forefront of technology and innovation, partnering with the best accounting and bookkeeping platforms to introduce our clients to hassle-free accounting to improve efficiency, accuracy and overall business management. That’s why we’re big fans of cloud accounting – in particular Xero!
Goss Accountants is a certified Xero Silver Partner. We are expertly placed to make your move to Xero straightforward and easy. We arrange the transfer of existing data from your current system straight into Xero. We can assist with training as well as either occasional support right through to managing all your bookkeeping or payroll.
Xero ranks number one for the second consecutive year as “Forbes Most Innovative Growth Company in the World” and our accounting software of choice.
Your FREE XERO Cloud Accounting Trial
We can demonstrate how Xero can save you time and money, write to us with the subject line “free Xero Trial”.